Designed specifically for baseball performance, Shaw Sports Turf set out to engineer the ultimate baseball field. With feedback from Hall of Famer John Smoltz, TruHop was created.
TruHop is similar to a five-tool player in baseball. A five-tool player is one who can field, throw, run, hit for average, and hit for power. In synthetic turf, a five-tool system is one that has the following:
grasslike surface with a natural, true bounce for consistent playability
no closing fields or game cancellations for inclement weather
up to four times more play than natural grass on a surface proven to deliver time after time
no water, pesticides, fertilizers or mowing needed
nonabrasive, grasslike surface is player-friendly
TruHop’s revolutionary design mirrors the real thing in terms of playability and performance yet provides durability that natural grass just can’t rival. The system can be engineered with various pile heights and infill ratios to fit each performance area of the field, including the infield, outfield, warning track, base path and foul lines.
- Sand/rubber infill creates a fast, dense, firm surface
- Combination of monofilament fiber and Tapeslide XP slit film fiber provide the best of both worlds.
- Reduced infill flyout and migration
- Three layer backing provides superior dimensional stability and tuft bind
- better ball roll, durability and aesthetics
1.65″ pile-height and is perfect for baseball infields, foul lines, warning tracks and base paths
1.75” pile-height offers an optimal surface for baseball outfields